Saturday 6 November 2010

Spanish Visa for a non-EU citizen

As it always, documentation for visas has always been very cumbersome. However fortunately as I have done myself all the visa documentation so now it does not feel that much tedious. Actually I developed a system, how to document so that every fine detail can be taken care of.

Documenting procedure:
  1. Buy a new leaflet folder with at least 20 leaves
  2. Print the visa requirement page (document link)
  3. Use stick on notes and assign each leaf for each of the requirement.
  4. Write all the necessary information on the note in front of the lead. 
  5. Then start filing the document in the sequence set by step 2.
Main Points:
  1. Bank Statements: Bank statement with your postal address showing of last three months are required. I am speaking for HSBC. The procedure might be little different for different bank. In HSBC it takes minimum of three working days to send your statement. Also you can not collect from the branch directly. It has to come from the back office. However while ordering on the phone you can choose where you wish to receive the statements. However if you wish to receive at your postal address then it will take minimum of 5 days.
  2. Overseas Medical Insurance (with repatriation provision): It is one of the main requirements. In the market there are several companies selling the similar products with little variations. I chose one to satisfy the bare minimum requirement for the visa purpose. I chose the BUPA International as it was giving me option to pay on monthly basis. My monthly charge come down to 65.89 GBP. After getting the membership you need to call to the customer service and ask for the document to be produced for the visa purpose. As they deal with these requests many times so they will understand.
  3. Confirmed return ticket: Unlike other places, here in UK travel agents does not entertain such requests. Some agents demanded 50GBP. Finally I chose to do it my self through Ryanair. It cost me 34 pounds.
  4. Confirmed accommodation:  Being a experienced traveller i chose to book in Hostel. It cost me only 3 pounds for two days booking. 
 Now visa does not feel like a burden as I use to feel it. I guess now I can handle any documentation.

If you have any question then let me know.

Regards
Bluemango

    No comments:

    Post a Comment